Hoi,
I have said before that we spend our money not equally over our audience.
Less than 50 % of our traffic is English Wikipedia and less than 40% of the
world population speak English well enough. Consequently we spend too much
on English.

It is stupid to suggest that we should defund our current projects that
primarily benefit English but we have the luxury to spend more on other
languages, cultures and audiences. There are plenty of pocket money
projects that will have a big impact on the smaller projects and will gain
us an insight on what we are missing in our sum of available knowledge. The
big thing is too leave the big project mentality behind us. Be bold,
experiment, learn from experiments and advertise the positive and negative
results. Regroup, think again and experiment again.

The question is do we dare to experiment leave some conventions behind us
that are ill fitting in other projects. Do we dare to spend more to achieve
more and ignore those "who know best".

When the outcome of this strategy thing is that we need to partner more,
consider what we have not considered then all the additional money has been
worth it.
Thanks,
      GerardM