I've been thinking more about this issue since yesterday.

I should correct myself and say that my comment about "the Board are often
not particularly responsive" now appears to be a little outdated, I also
should acknowledge that some Board members are more responsive than others
rather than painting everyone with the same brush, and also that there
seems to be some interest on the Board noticeboard in improving
communications. I gladly support the interest in improving communications
and in principle I would support a Board initiative on that subject. I am
wondering if assigning a particular staff person to organize and support
Board communications would be helpful both for the Board and for the
community, and perhaps for other WMF employees as well. I apologize for
letting my frustration get the better of me with my previous comment.

Turning to the subject of financial transparency, this a longstanding topic
of frustration for me with WMF. From my perspective I don't understand why
there's so much resistance to this, and my guess based on how long this has
been happening is that there's a cultural issue in WMF that is limiting
progress in this area. This may be a fruitful topic of conversation when I
approach Christophe, and I'm hoping that he'll be open to having this
conversation.

Pine