On 9/26/2017 8:22 AM, Samuel Klein wrote:
in the same way that say, Wikiversity languishing while Wikidata flourishes
should tell us something about the optimum number of projects we can
support.

Did we figure out this is zero-sum? Because there are some peach projects
I'd like to replace Wikiquote & Wookiepedia with.
Perhaps I shouldn't have simplified it to "number" with the implication that there's some magic figure, whether that's 42 or 150 or 65536. But as with the mailing lists, sometimes it is hard to be sure that each project has the appropriate scope when the boundaries are fluid. How and where the community focuses its attention can be a powerful signal about whether the scope corresponds to a widely felt need.

--Michael Snow