Hi Chistian, and others

First congratulation to Esra’a Al Shafei.

Le 02/12/2017 à 05:31, Cristian Consonni a écrit :
I agree with the idea that occupying a high-profile position and trying
to limit one's own exposure are conflicting goals, but I am sure that
this was very carefully.
I feel like there is a verb missing at the end of this sentence, isn't it?
So, I understand that this may seem different from the usual, but,
actually, it is not.
Well, it is a bit different as this is not the same context. Although it's already sometime a difficult task, it's far easier to protect online contributors anonymity than it is for a person occupying such a visible position in the organization chart. We can apply usual precautions, but possibly it requires additional ones. Plus it's easier to do our best to protect anonymity of our fellow wikimedians in our own environment, but it's far harder outside this scope. Laws might help in some cases when people are clearly trying to harm someone with personal information disclosure, but when you are a public figure laws also grants some freedom to general press to which such a position might expose.

ĝis,

Ciao,