We are seeing a steady decrease of page views to our projects (Wikipedia). Nov-Dec-Jan it is decreasing in a rate of 5-10% (year-year), and for big languages like Japanese,  Spanish close to 10%, or some months even more  [1]

Is there any insights of why this is so? Could it be that Google take over accesses with their ever better way of showing results direct  (but then also with showing extracts of Wikipedia articles) . Or that our interface on mobiles is inferior so we miss accesses from mobiles (now being 54% of total). Or horror of horror that users look for facts on all new sites with fake news instead of Wikipedia?

Anders

[1] https://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesPageViewsMonthlyCombined.htm