>... about the classical employer-employee relationship, I am totally
> against it. The reason is that there is so much effort wasted tracking
> and keeping people accountable

Priyanka Mandikal implemented a way to keep paid editors accountable
using reputation tracking two years ago:

https://priyankamandikal.github.io/posts/gsoc-2016-project-overview/

Accountability is calculated as an agreement ratio between reviewers:

https://github.com/priyankamandikal/arowf/blob/master/app.py#L462

>...that is not the basis for a healthy relationship for a Wikimedia volunteer

Paid professionals work alongside volunteers in fire departments and
hospitals throughout the world. Are there any essential
characteristics which exclude such cooperation in Wikipedia?

> the will to cooperate in our mission should have precedence over the will to
> make a profit out of it

Does that exclude the financially disadvantaged?

Best regards,
Jim