Well, apart from Copyright law issues in the UK and (with other chapters) in the EU.

Michael

Chris Keating <mailto:chriskeatingw...@gmail.com>
7 June 2018 at 3:28 pm

I don't think the Movement Roles discussion had any impact on
Wikimedia UK achieving charity status (which in any case happened
before the movement roles conversation concluded), and in any case
Wikimedia UK does virtually no lobbying....

7 June 2018 at 2:31 pm
Oh, it's this discussion again. This is my favorite discussion.
Movement roles discussion is how we got the UK chapter recognized as a
charity capable of political lobbying. That was satisfying.

Maybe we can get the letter to donors back.
https://twitter.com/SuePGardner/status/998302792946102273

Don't forget to edit the matrix:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles/Roles_Matrix#Roles_matrix

7 June 2018 at 11:23 am
to quote
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Working_Groups

*During the Wikimedia Conference 2018, the Working Group “Roles &
Responsibilities” proposed “Power Dynamics” as a title instead. As power is
only a part of the broader conversation around global, regional and local
responsibilities and roles, and we wouldn’t want the group to only
concentrate on this aspect, the Strategy Core Team decided to keep the
original name. *

To me power dynamics gives a poor interpretation and sets up the work group
to focus as individual hierarchical building, rather than equity and
distribution of responsibilities

On 7 June 2018 at 17:47, Peter Southwood <peter.southw...@telkomsa.net>

Peter Southwood <mailto:peter.southw...@telkomsa.net>
7 June 2018 at 10:47 am
Roles and responsibilities may be a better term, It has a meaning that is more likely to be understood than "power dynamics", which frankly sounds more like rocket science than what people in a group are expected to do.
Cheers,
Peter