Definitely one needs to be careful when dealing with paid editing that it's
done in a transparent way and in a way that benefits the encyclopedia. I
think that the English Wikipedia community has generally accepted that
Wikimedians-in-Residence can do paid editing in a way that is beneficial to
the encyclopedia. I would like to see more of the good and less of the bad.
Money can certainly be a corrupting influence, but it can also support good
activities that otherwise wouldn't occur or would occur with less frequency
and quality.

Pine