Dear all,

As Nicole Ebber already wrote a couple of weeks ago, we would like to give
you some further information about the next Wikimedia Conference, that will
take place from March 29–31, 2019 in Berlin, Germany.

The next conference will focus on the Movement Strategy process and
movement governance for the organized part of the movement in general. The
program will be designed according to the status and needs of the ongoing
Movement Strategy process and its working groups. We are hoping to see a
diverse group of participants next year, and look forward to creating three
days of working, discussing, and thinking together. The event is made
possible through the generous financial support of the Wikimedia Foundation.

Thus, to make it clearer that learning and capacity-building will not be
part of the program and cut laces to the previous conference, we will
change the name to “Wikimedia Summit” (#wmsummit).

The change of the purpose of the event is accompanied by a change in the
composition of the audience. The event will be a more focused one, and
therefore we aim to scale down the audience to around 200 participants. As
it is this still the Wikimedia affiliates conference, every _eligible_
affiliate can send one (1) delegate. Furthermore, we will invite
participants from the Wikimedia Affiliate EDs (~10), WMF Board of Trustees
(10), WMF staff (~10), the committees (~15 from FDC, AffCom and Simple APG)
and additional members of the Movement Strategy working groups, that do not
come in another role (~20). You can find more information regarding this on
Meta.[1]

Registration for the Wikimedia Summit will open on November 2 and end on
December 17, 2018. We urge participants that need a visa to register no
later than November 19, so we can support them as best as possible to get a
visa for the event.

We will keep you updated in the further weeks and months via the usual
communication channels. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate
to contact us, preferably via wmsum...@wikimedia.de.

Best regards,

Daniela Gentner & Cornelius Kibelka

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Eligibility_Criteria

--
Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207