Gonçalo, Goethe, and all: Thank you for your work, which I appreciate
dearly, and for the public discussion.  I can also imagine this was a very
hard letter to write.

Paulo, to your concerns:
> for a Foundation-run committee[3] that apparently wants to kill us at all
costs.

Euh... surely not  .v_v.
These troubles can come up in good faith, when two groups work intently and
separately on the same issue, ando d not talk openly to one another for
reasons of imagined duty + propriety.  Tossing insults back and forth just
makes it easier for people to shut down communication.

Somehow I suspect that invocations of The Law and the intervention of legal
anxieties (with their preoccupations with secrecy) has led to much of the
trouble here.  So Pine, to your point: /more/ legal counsel reporting to
only one of the parties involved might not help.  On the other hand, we as
a movement deciding to share more openly our internal discussions around
legal concerns — even if this means taking on slightly more legal risk —
would reduce some of these evident social risks.

Warmly,
SJ

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266