From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Mathias Damour
Sent: 16 October 2018 07:49
To: wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Monthly skill share idea

Le 15/10/2018 à 13:36, Peter Southwood a écrit :
> I like the idea. Once you have worked out how to do it efficiently, maybe the
> WMF can send out trainers to places where the skills are thin on the ground.
> Cheers,
> Peter

Do you mean burning hundreds of litres of jet fuel for one or a few
workshop for an handful of people?
How irresponsible. You may didn't get the emergency of global warming
mitigation.
For the Wikimedia movement, to get organised in a way that lead to drop
the flights needed by 5 or 10 time in the next few years would be only
taking its fair share in the action.

Mathias Damour
[[User:Astirmays]]