Some further thoughts about reporting:

* Many affiliates already produce quantitative and qualitative information
for their grant reports. I would like to see much of that same information
about inputs and outputs included in annual reports, both for Global
Metrics and for custom metrics.

* I agree that small affiliates might find it to be a more efficient use of
their time for volunteers to complete all reporting requirements than to
find and delegate a contractor or part time staff person to do the
reporting for them. That is a choice that I would be very willing to leave
to small affiliates. Perhaps a good option to offer to small affiliates
would be that WMF staff or contractors, or staff or contractors of other
affiliates that could be shared with the small affiliates, could handle
much of the reporting work once the small affiliates have made their raw
data available to the administrative staff or contractors. In any case, my
hope is to increase the usefulness of affiliates' annual reports while
minimizing the administrative burden on volunteers. WMF has ample funding
to hire more staff or contractors to handle this reporting work, and I
think that volunteers often have other important activities to do with
their time than administrative work.

* In my willingness to criticize the WMF Community Resources staff I should
point out in fairness that I too have made mistakes in the past, and I will
likely make mistakes in the future. I hope that I am open to accepting
good-faith criticism and making changes. I hope that I adhere to the same
standards of accountability that I would expect from anyone else.

Pine