Well, considering my life was already kind of in shambles beforehand, there
wasn't much more to be done, and I didn't risk much, but still, I valued my
privacy then - and still do.

I live in France with french citizenship, where I enjoy a rather
comfortable freedom of expression, but I'm also thinking of contributors in
less free countries who, despite being potentially despicable by
potentially deserving global bans, are also potentially being targets from
local authorities or groups of other sorts should their real identities be
ever divulged, not because of their global bans or the reasons thereof, but
because of their legitimate contributions to free culture and knowledge
(you know, what we *usually* do on the Wikimedia projects, other than
bicker on these mailing lists about whether or not the Wikimedia Foundation
should have done things differently).

The least information we give publicly about (current and former) members
of the community, the better. No matter whether we like them or not, even
if we absolutely despise them, even if they "deserve it" : they don't.
Even if they were one of my harassers, even if they lived in a free
country, I'd be sternly, strongly, and strictly against it.

Alphos