On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM Robert Fernandez <wikigamal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think we could drastically lower our carbon footprint by not using
> community digital resources to beat the same dead horse for a billionth
> time.

I laughed out loud.

AND.   I love that the WMF joined the strike, and have some practical
thoughts.

a) Reach out to Stripe
<https://stripe.com/gb/blog/negative-emissions-commitment>, which has a
through self-assessment and a negative-emissions program, and the Long Now,
to coordinate efforts.
b) Evaluate the community-wide carbon footprint, which is dominated by
  b.1) How we run conferences [*mostly in person*]
  b.2) How we choose partners, communicate climate imformation, and
prioritize related policies [*fairly ad-hoc*]