Ziko: Yes, it is about the major Russian city.  And one of its listed
contacts is the longstanding president of Wikimedia Russia itself.

Philip: this is not an example of a large country being "split up", since
Wikimedia Russia is still around, and was not broken up.  It is also not
the first user group operating within Russia, nor even the first group with
a geographic remit.[1]

   A.

[1] e.g. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Don_Wikimedians_User_Group

    Asaf Bartov