I've been involved in the movement for ~7 years, took one look at IRC and
walked very quickly the other way, having used it 15+ years ago. I'm all
for retro, but that was taking it too far.
Relying on a tool that has been been haemorrhaging users for years, and
golden years are seen as around 20 years ago, seems less than ideal.

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 at 22:37, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Then, they're welcome to pop on in any time. If they choose not to, well,
> no one can make them. Anyone is able to use those tools.
>
> Todd
>
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:32 PM Guillaume Paumier <gpaum...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le mer. 19 févr. 2020 à 10:31, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > > I don't think anyone had bad intentions. It was just redundant.
> > >
> > > Real time communication is on IRC. Asynchronous communication is either
> > on
> > > the wiki, preferably, or on the mailing list.
> > >
> > > Quit trying to make us TwitFaceTube. The tools we already have work
> just
> > > fine.
> >

> > That perspective suffers from a lack of empathy. "The tools we already
> > have" may work for the limited sample of the population who are currently
> > using them. Assuming that that sample is representative is flawed and is
> > classic example of survivorship bias. If we have learned anything from
> the
> > Space experiment and from years of strategy discussions, it is that the
> > tools we currently have do not, in fact, work just fine for a large
> number
> > of people, whose voices are missing from our discussions and content.
> >
> > --
> > Guillaume Paumier
> > (he/him)

PhD in Digital Media