I provided feedback previously on Space earlier and I could not find it now
but I assume it was taken into consideration when the decision was taken.
Without repeating it, let me remark that the two main questions, which
remained unsolved, were (i) what is the target audience and (ii) what is
the content to be discussed there. For (i), we have many different groups
with many different interests. We have project people (editors), active on
different projects, we have affiliate people, we have WMF people, there is
certain overlap between these categories, but I am afraid not much. They
have very different interests and vision. If I understand it correctly, the
idea was to bridge the gap between these categories (primarily, between WMF
and community), but it did not work - it is understandable that people who
never edited Wikipedia and have no interest editing it, do not find a topic
on the first Wikipedia contribution very appealing, and those for example
who deal with Wikipedia as their daily job are not so keen to discuss the
job on social media - I also have an exciting job but I do not have any
desire to discuss it anywhere in my free time. Concerning (ii), we have
people who were looking for something like social media, just to hang out,
we had people who wanted to discuss project and foundation issues which
they found important, we had people who were only posting announcements -
but I do not think we had general understanding why people should come to
Space to discuss, and what they should discuss. There are discussions going
on in the projects. Meta started as a cross-product (and cross-language)
discussion venue, but now it is essentially dead - I long ago stopped
following my watchlist there. The mailing lists are mainly dead or at least
half-dead. Understandably, people went to FB and Twitter - they will
discover at some point that there are serious privacy issues, and, in
addition, this is like Wild West where you are on your own (I had my FB
account disabled for alleged copyright violations last year, and there is
nothing I can do about it), but before they discover it I am not sure why
they should go to any other platform to discuss - what? There might be some
room for a social media platform run by WMF, but it should be very well
discussed what exactly we expect, what we can provide, and how this can be
done. I would recommend a community conversation - not a "community
consultation", when a decision has already been taken, and the
"consultation" is used to legitimize this decision, but a real
brainstorming, and see what the stakeholders are and what they want. I am
afraid though that it would be difficult to organize even this
brainstorming and collect a sufficient number of responses to make
meaningful conclusions.

(There were opinions voiced that the Space would never take off because it
is run by WMF who would erase any criticism - well, I have not seen this
happening. This would not be my concern at this point.)

Despite my skepticism, I believe that people who were running the Space and
people who invested into the Space clearly had good intentions, and whereas
things did not work at the end, I would like to thank them - mainly Elena
and Quim I guess.

Yaroslav