Although Mike and I have differences of opinion about centralizing on
the "Wikipedia" brand, one way in which I agree with Mike is that
there are ways to have branding discussions that are not themselves
controversial. Even if consensus was not reached, I for one would be
more accepting of the process.

Some departments in WMF seem to be more on board with regards to
process than others. In particular, I think that Audiences these days
generally does a good job, and also I like Tech News.

Outside of WMF, the Wikidata team at WMDE produces very informative
newsletters each week. They seem to do good work without spending
money on outside consultants.

So, why all of these issues in WMF Communications? I don't get it.

Pine