Hi all,

We have had discussions on this with many Wikimedians over the years, but
frankly, the issue never seemed pressing enough to pursue more seriously.
Some points made that I remember where:

   - Perhaps it is enough to just have back-up servers in another
   jurisdictions that could kick-in and whose capacity could quickly be
   upgraded in case of need.
   - Nordic jurisdictions like Iceland and Norway frequently came up with
   the arguments: stable political systems, solid digital rights track
   records, a climate that helps save energy on cooling servers & availability
   of hydropower (i.e. environmental benefits).

I think such a move would require serious studies and long, community-wide
debates. I can not assess how urgent it is. But then again, waiting until
it is a real issue is probably not a great idea.

Cheers,
Dimi

На ср, 30.09.2020 г. в 11:35 Dan Garry (Deskana) <djgw...@gmail.com> написа: