Dear Wikimedians,

This year, the 8th edition of Wiki Loves Earth — the biggest international
photo contest devoted to nature heritage — was held. The competition aims
at raising public awareness about protected areas and creating the biggest
database of free photos of them. We are happy to announce the *international
winners of WLE 2020*!

We received more than 106k submissions from 34 countries all over the
world. Local teams have chosen the best pictures of protected areas
narrowing it down to 340 local winning photos that competed to get to the
top-15.

Meet the winners depicting unique nature heritage sites and their
representatives in our *blog post* — bit.ly/3r49Wug
<https://bit.ly/3r49Wug?fbclid=IwAR37gpUHkqz0FEf_toEniN5QLOq3d-Go-h8MEew217ZNSiu6ywD2JY6UMeM>
.

Do you want to discover more about WLE 2020, its organizing and jurying
process, find out more about the authors of winning photos and hear their
stories? Watch a livestream of the WLE 2020 award ceremony on December 20
at 11 am (UTC): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgNf2Fm94WY.

Follow our social media pages to stay updated, we'll be posting stories and
facts about the winners: Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/interwle>,
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/wikilovesearth/>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/WikiLovesEarth>.

Best regards,
Anastasiia Petrova
Project Manager for International Wiki Loves Earth 2020