Dear Derrick,
I salute you for keeping the memory of the atrocious genocide against the Tutsi
alive: a genocide that went on while the world silently observed and
trivialized; a true blotch on the history of humanity, among many others.

While some might say the Wikimedia movement is not a place to talk about
genocide or sympathize with its victims, I beg to differ. We, Wikimedians
should always be on the side of humanity. We should never be silent while
atrocities are being committed before our eyes, and should not wait until it's
too late and lament genocide in retrospect.

I call on Wikimedia Rwanda and our Rwandan colleagues to join the growing list
of organizations and individuals calling for peace in Palestine, as Rwandans
have either experienced -if they're old enough- or have heard about the horrors
of thirty years ago.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Joint_Statement_on_Palestine
Indeed, together, we can combat misinformation, hate speech, and genocide
denial!

#WikimediaAgainstMisinfo

#Rwanda30

#NeverAgain