Sorry folks.  That page has been deleted.

Wikimedia Australia has been working on a process for proposals, and
this proposal did not follow the process.

The committee has talked a lot about allowing non-members to edit the
wiki, and I would love a good proposal, but the one that
privatemusings put up was an empty proposal.

Non members can explain here why they want to be able to edit our
wiki; we are listening.