Good to see the progress the Assamese Wiki Community building, and the FAQ
set. Hoping to see the FAQ Booklet in PDF and more outreach activities, WCI
would work like a catalyst to promote. In fact Assamese people are
widespread all over India and quite conscious for language and literature.
So, that is a great way to reach to more language enthusiasts.

Cheers!
Subha

On 23 November 2011 17:53, Shiju Alex <sh...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Dear Indic Wikimedia Community members,
>
> As part of the Indic Languages initiative of India
> Programs<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages>,
> I have been having detailed discussions with a wide range of Indic language
> wikipedians for the past few weeks.  These discussions have been to build
> the understanding, provide insight, and explore opportunities to expand
> Indic language projects.  The end result of these discussions is to help
> identify language communities with whom we can collaboratively design
> pilots to drive our projects.
>
> These discussions have been conducted on IRC, one-on-one, group voice
> conversations, as well as through email questionnaires.
>
> Over the next few days, I am going to share a series of these with you.
>  The intention is to give you a sense of the kind of perspectives that
> exist within the overall Indic community, to share ideas and to generate
> discussion on potential ideas. Please note that I have edited the
> discussions to preserve confidentiality as well as to remove any
> particularly personal comments that might have been shared.
>
> Please do let me have your views on these discussions and do please join
> the debate on the talk page or on this mailing list or offline to me.
>
> For today, I am sharing the discussions with the *Assamese
> community<http://as.wikipedia.org>
> *.  The summary of this discussion is placed at:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages/Assamese/Discussions/2011
>
> Assamese wikipedia community is a tiny but vibrant community - that is
> slowly building itself.  There is huge opportunity given that Assamese is
> spoken by more than 1.3 crore people. As we all know, there was not much
> progress in Assamese wiki community till recently. But now the situation is
> slowly changing after the arrival of few dedicated users.  And in this
> early stage, Assamese community show very promising potential. I remember
> discussing the importance of preparing a small FAQ in AS Wiki to help the
> new users. In no time few community members prepared a good FAQ
> page<http://as.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%87_%E0%A6%89%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A4_%E0%A6%B9%E0%A7%8B%E0%A7%B1%E0%A6%BE_%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A7%B0%E0%A6%B6%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%82%E0%A6%B9>for
>  the Assamese wiki. I am sure with the arrival of such dedicated users
> Assamese wiki is going to make good progress.
>
> Inviting your  active participation in these discussions (either on talk
> page or in this mailing list).
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Shiju Alex

*