On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Tory Read <t...@toryread.com> wrote:
> Dear Sudhanwa,
>
> My sincerest appologies. In my effort to be transparent, I made a mistake. In
> the report, attribution by name will not occur.
>
> Thank you for answering the chapter question.
>
> OSM = open source movement. Thanks for your clarification.

For FOSS guys like us these are the meanings of following acronyms

FSM = Free Software Movement
OSM= Open Street Maps

Anivar

> Best,
>
> Tory Read
>
> Sent from my mobile
>
> On Dec 3, 2011, at 12:23 AM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <sudhanwa....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Tory Read <t...@toryread.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> My apologies for not replying sooner. I am on the ground in India, doing in
>>> person interviews, while juggling communication on email, talk pages,
>>> skype, etc.
>>>
>>> Here is a summary of what I have been up to:
>>> 20 hours in US reviewing talk pages and email list communication regarding
>>> IEP
>>> Interviews so far, in order in which they were done (in person, unless
>>> otherwise noted):
>>> - Barry Newstead, WMF SF
>>> - Frank Schulenburg, WMF SF
>>> - Annie Lin, WMF SF
>>> - LiAnna Davis, WMF SF
>>> - Hisham Mundol, WMF India
>>> - Nitika Tandon, WMF India
>>> - Shiju Alex, WMF India
>>> - Ram Shankar Yadav, CA Pune
>>> - Ishita Ghosh, professor, SSE, Pune
>>> - informal conversation with 2 SSE students and 2 CAs over lunch in Pune
>>> - Rashmi Barua, SSE student
>>> - Devanchi Tripathi, SSE student and CA
>>

>>> - Ashwin Baindur, Mandar Kulkarni (Pune WP community members) and Sudhanwa
>>> Jogalekar (OSM friend of WP, Pune), group interview over dinner
>>
>> Dear Tory,
>> It was really nice to meet you again and have some discussions.
>>
>> I am not sure what is the context you are referring in those lines in
>> the mail. I am very much part of Pune community. and no way related to
>> OSM (open street maps)
>> All of us mentioned are India chapter members. Ashwin is the first
>> member of the chapter !!! and I also happen to be on the India chapter
>> EC. (apart from WMF GAC where I am not so active)
>>
>> One of the members wanted anonymity that you maintained during last
>> visit and was expected this time also. Somehow, that has not happened.
>>
>> Anyways,
>> Keep up the good work. Will like to see your report soon.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> -Sudhanwa
>>

>> [snip]

"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and
'nonnumerical' algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from
other kinds of precise information." - Donald Knuth