Probably some bot mechanism will work better.
People may not know the IP address from the venue before they start working.

Just setup a page where such IPs can be put up and a bot checks them
every 1-2 hours or so and enables IPs for 3-4 days. Authorisations for
specific users who are co-ordinating the event can be given well in
advance to add such IP entries.

That will help reduce communication and delay due to time zone related things.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Pradeep Mohandas
<pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Phillipe,
>
> How much lead time would you need to enable this? Given that India and
> US are in opposite sides of the world - you guys maybe sleeping while
> we request an unblock.
> What venues can we request an unblock - en email to you? On wiki-tech IRC?
>
> Pradeep
> Handheld
>
> On 21/12/2011, Nitika <ntan...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>

>>> but I wanted to be sure you know that I can lift the cap of 7 account
>>> creations per day, if you let me know what day you're doing something. :)
>>>
>>> That's an open offer to anyone doing outreach...
>>>

>> Hey Phillipe,
>>
>> I am now aware that there is a possibility of releasing an IP from this
>> rule. But I learnt this the hard way! I sat through an outreach session
>> where we encountered blocking of IP and the participants were very
>> disappointed because they could not create their usernames. There is another
>> mail from Subhashish which echoes similar experience.
>>
>> By way of working on this document and putting together small tips like
>> these will make sure that others don't go through this pain. I'd encourage
>> everyone to put their thoughts/learnings here so that all of us can benefit
>> out of it and make our outreach sessions more effective.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Nitika
>

> --
> Pradeep Mohandas
> How Pradeep uses email - http://goo.gl/6v1I9

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.