2012/2/27 nischay nahata <nischay...@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:15 PM, praveenp <me.prav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> By user level customization it is possible. I think providing such a
>> feature by default, in wiki level, in projects like wikipedia is a bad
>> idea because each file page contains much more data than a pop up
>> layer can afford. Unlike facebook or google plus, only relevant and
>> properly licensed pictures, remain undeleted in wikimedia projects. So
>> all informations present in media pages, including license, category,
>> included pages, details about the file, etc are important for an
>> encyclopedic project. So current style file pages are not replacable
>> (atleast for now). Still user customization possible for those who not
>> interested in such details.
>
> I think that answers my query pretty well

Hey, that's just one opinion :)

I think that it's a pretty good idea. It just need the right design. I
see no problem at all with showing the image like in Google+ with the
license fine-print under it.

The wikitech-l and foundation-l mailing lists are the best places to
discuss it. And maybe also the Village Pump of Commons:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:VP

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬