Bence,
The details on joining the SIG is now Public at :
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/City_and_Language_Special_Interest_Group_Chair

To nominate yourself OR someone and to vote you need to be a member of the
Chapter.

Becoming a member is pretty easy. It costs INR 100 to join and requires a
single form to be filled and sent across.
Details on joining the chapter, including the form is available at
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Join_us

SIGs can not only be created for cities and languages but also for other
special projects like GLAM, MediaWiki and Commons.
There is a nomination page for the position of a GLAM SIG already on right
now.

I hope this clears it up. Please let me know if anything else needs
clarification.

Cheers,
Happy Editing,
Srikanth.