On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Nitika Tandon <nit...@cis-india.org> wrote:
> We understand there were a lot of questions about the agenda of train the
> trainer program. We have put together a rough draft which we wanted to share
> with you all. [1] Just want to mention that this the very first draft and is
> open to any kind of changes. We will also write to each of the participants
> to know what aspects they'd like to cover and incorporate those in our
> sessions.

Thank you for the link to the draft schedule. I have a somewhat
tangential query. I notice that you recommend ScanTailor
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/scantailor/> for the participants. I
was wondering if it would be possible to share (later, if not now) an
estimate of accuracy of the software in post processing and handling
digitized content in Indian languages. Perhaps using random samples
from archive.org

And, as a suggestion, I would request that you put up
pre-participation reading material wherever possible. For example, the
sessions on Introduction to Unicode or, Fonts and Rendering would
require some prior knowledge of the subject matter and help the
resource person calibrate the proceedings accordingly.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>