On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Pavanaja U B
<pavan...@vishvakannada.com> wrote:
> ScanTailor is not a OCR. It has got nothing to do with Indian Languages.

Indeed. I realized that it clearly mentions that "Scanning, optical
character recognition, and assembling multi-page documents are out of
scope of this project." And, in that context, what is the use case in
which ScanTailor would be handy? The website states further states
that "It performs operations such as page splitting, deskewing,
adding/removing borders, and others." From which I understand that is
a necessary step in the flow of actual_document -> photograph/scan ->
re-alignment. But that generates a digitized text. You do have to
retrieve information/text from that to be able to use it. Is that
something to be tackled later?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>