Instead of repeatedly pointing to Wiki Loves Africa blindly for every
single question, perhaps it would be wise to also look at something closer:
https://ta.wikipedia.org/s/y2z

The Tamil Wiki Media Contest, that was conducted in 2011-2012.
It ran for a period of three months, and generated over 8000  files.
Please have a look at the prizes as well.

On 17 April 2015 at 14:12, Dhaval S. Vyas <dsv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Karthik,
>
> I asked similar question a few days ago on commons, but haven't received
> any reply there yet. Organisers can see it @
>

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Wiki_Loves_Food/Planning#Enrolment_and_Nominations
>
> I and some of my community members  learned from another community member
> who is volunteering for this event that he was approached by phone from
> someone from wikimedia and was asked to get community nomination. This
> sounds weird to me, why "wikimedia" is concerned? Why is there a push for
> community participation? If you care so much why not answer the questions
> raised by people on commons? Why to contact someone offwiki? Why can
> "Wikimedia" not engage themselves on local community discussion
> page/village pumps?
>
> Hope to get answers to some of these here and for the ones i raised on
> commons, there.
>
> Regards,
> Dhaval
>  On 17 Apr 2015 07:33, "Karthik Nadar" <karthik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Yohann,
>>
>> What I understand from everybody's query is that how will be participants
>> be enrolled? If you can explain, I think that answer's a big question for
>> the pilot project.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Yohann Thomas <yohan...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi srikanth
>>>
>>> Regarding your doubt about having high value prizes for Phase 1, this
>>> was discussed about in IRC.
>>>

>>>    - The main reason why we are having prizes  in phase 1, so that
>>>    people are attracted to participate in Phase 1. If we have prizes in
>>> Phase
>>>    2 & not phase 1, we might not get the required participants (ie 50) to
>>>    participate. Also ppl will feel that they should participate in Phase 2,
>>>    since there are prizes & will not be encouraged to participate in Phase
>>>    1.If we have too low prizes (as compared to phase 2), then also we might
>>>    not get the required participants.
>>>
>>> So to attract particpants to phase 1, so we kept prizes of phase 1,well
>>> within the range of phase 2
>>> I suggest you to go through the link again!!
>>>
>>> Where is it written that Phase 1 is a invite only phase??
>>> Just for your information, i will quote the text from WLF page
>>>

>>> *This will be a pilot to understand the dynamics of Commons community
>>> before the contest is launched for the wider Wikimedia India community.
>>> Around 50 participants will be enrolled for this in a first come first
>>> register basis. We will also invite 2 nominations per language community
>>> <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Food/Community_Nominations>
>>> besides these 50 participants.*
>>> I don't see it written anywhere that is it a Invite only??
>>>
>>> Yohann Thomas
>>> yohan...@gmail.com

>> --
>> Regards,
> [...]

Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan,
What goes around, may not necessarily come around, it may simply bounce
back.

Please sign this petition for Volvo buses in Coimbatore:
https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/the-transport-minister-tamil-nadu-introduction-of-volvo-city-buses-in-the-city-of-coimbatore