Dear Wikimedians,

Applications for Round 1 of Wikimedia Community Fund will be open for the
South Asia region from 31 August 2022. The last date for submission of
application is 29 September 2022. For a detailed timeline please refer here
[1].
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Programs/Wikimedia_Community_Fund#Application_process>

*Please find below information about how to begin applying for General
Support Funding, important dates and what flexibility we can provide, and
opportunities to discuss your proposal for support before submitting it.*

How to begin applying for General Support Funds

   - A PDF and a Google Doc of the application form for General Support
   Funds are available on Meta-wiki

<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Programs/Wikimedia_Community_Fund/Applications_and_Guides>
    [2]. The PDF is an expanded application guide, which explains the
   questions and some example responses for your review.

To submit applications to Fluxx, please use this link to register an account
<https://wmf.fluxx.io/portal>,[3] and the Grants Admin team will support
you as necessary. If you need support or have questions about Fluxx
registration, please get in touch with grantsad...@wikimedia.org.

Important dates

   -

   A general timeline for this round

<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Programs/Wikimedia_Community_Fund#Application_process>

<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Programs/Wikimedia_Community_Fund#General_Support_Fund_Timeline_(Round_1)_Northern_&_Western_Europe,_SAARC>[1]has
   been published on Meta-wiki.
   -

   Deadline for General Support Fund proposals is 14 April 2022.

Getting support before submitting your proposal

   -

   Conversation hours are scheduled for providing support both during the
   drafting of the application and later during the review process. The
   schedule for conversation hours can be found here [4].
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Regions/SAARC>
   -

   If scheduled office hours do not work well for you, or if you would like
   more dedicated time to discuss needs or questions please reach out via
   email.
   -

   The budget template

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-I7F2rwXc2EEI5nld5AIkAeCacnr4p0jKPhn-p3_PTM/edit#gid=2099383086>
   [5] is available to help you consider how to categorise different kinds
   of expenses but is not required to use. Please feel free to continue
   using the existing budget templates you have been using for Simple APG or
   APG for this application. If there are more specific questions about your
   budget, either myself or the Regional Committee will follow up with you
   during the review.

   -

   Multi-year funding is available for applicants with multi-year
   organisational strategies in the General Support Fund. Please contact me if
   you are considering applying for this funding, and I will walk you through
   what expectations there will be for review, as well as how this new funding
   arrangement will operate.

Please write to sa_f...@wikimedia.org or tha...@wikimedia.org if you have
any questions or needs I can address. You can also write to
communityresour...@wikimedia.org with suggestions and ideas.

Regards,

[1].
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Programs/Wikimedia_Community_Fund#General_Support_Fund_Timeline_(Round_1)_Northern_&_Western_Europe,_SAARC