I chatted briefly to Rory Cellan-Jones as well.

* we're not actually doomed
* Felipe is a Wikipedian, his numbers are interesting
* it's the subject of lots of interested and animated discussion
around the project
* it's hard to find new things to write about these days - you need to
work at it
* we cover more stuff in more depth of obscurity than anyone
* usability initiative to make Wikipedia more newbie-friendly

Also - someone is needed for BBC News tonight between five and six. I
can't, but I've forwarded the email to WMUK and the WMF comcom.
Basically someone who can be at a BBC TV studio anywhere in the
country around then!

- d.