On 26/08/11 02:12, Thomas Morton wrote:
> Lewis, I am still definitely interested.
>
> Perhaps it is a good time now to get a firm list of possible attendees?
>
> I mean; so far it seems to be me and Richard who are interested in
> attending. If it is only three of us, hell, I am still up for it :)
> but maybe drumming up more firm interest would be good?
>
> Is there a way to drum up wider interest on-wiki?
>
> Tom
>
> On 25 August 2011 20:58, Lewis Cawte <lewisca...@googlemail.com
> <mailto:lewisca...@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've decided (due to various factors) that I'm going to move it
>     back a weekend, it will now be on the 19th/20th of November. Still
>     confirming a venue, maybe looking at a group booking at
>     Travellodge ...
>
>     Can't think of what else I was going to mention but feel free to
>     question me. :)
>
>     -- Lewis Cawte
>

>     On 22/08/11 10:50, WereSpielChequers wrote:
>>     Well I thought I made a decent case for avoiding a clash.....
>>      People can't attend both and for most people the London meetup
>>     will be closer.
>>
>>     WSC
>>
>>     On 22 August 2011 05:57, Lewis Cawte <lewisca...@googlemail.com
>>     <mailto:lewisca...@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         On 20/08/11 09:00, Gordon Joly wrote:
>>         > On 20/08/2011 01:01, WereSpielChequers wrote:
>>         >> As Brighton is rather close to London can I suggest that
>>         we try and
>>         >> avoid having this clash with the London meetup? That still
>>         leaves you
>>         >> the 1st, 3rd and 4th weekends of the month.
>>         >>
>>         > I tend to disagree. Make the choice without reference to
>>         the London
>>         > Wikimeet.
>>         >
>>         > Gordo
>>         If anyone gives me a decent case on why I should move it, I
>>         will, but at
>>         the moment, I'm staying put, just because thats already what
>>         people have
>>         seen or been told that it will probably be...
>>
>>         -- Lewis Cawte

Good question, I know I have a WMF staff member/contractor who said he'd
come (Catrope - Dutch Citizen) and 'sumanah' has been drumming up some
interest on IRC... I'll see about listing it on Meta events, maybe
that'll show some up, but I was told chapter folk know the best way to
advertise this on wiki :)

-- Lewis Cawte

PS: The wiki page for this is located at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Brighton_Hackathon_2011 - however
registration via another form will be required if anyone is after the
group booking (I need atleast 10 rooms booked for that?) and to speed up
stuff on the day.