I would agree about the difficulty of getting access to local sources
(although I might have a go at Monmouth Castle which deserves a better
article than it has got), but I wondered how broadly Monmouthpedia is being
interpreted?

The Monmouth Rebellion is relevant to my neck of the woods - but probably
not that significant for the town - would that be included?

Rod

The problem you hit rather quickly is that while it is fairly easy to
write local history about your local area (your local library will
have sources) writing local history about a more distant place is far
more difficult. Monmouth Archaeological Society also appears to have a
fairly limited set of publications which is a pity since local
Archaeological Societies are usually a fairly good of material for
articles.

--
geni