All,

SOPA, a proposed piece of US law known officially as the Stop Online Piracy
Act, could affect Wikimedia projects worldwide, and possibly make them
completely unworkable legally. There is currently a discussion within the
movement as to what (if any) actions Wikipedia and other projects should
take to stop passage of this act. While Wikimedia UK doesn't (yet) have an
official position that I'm aware of, we want the UK community's view to be
represented in whatever actions are taken. To that end, there is a
'suggested actions' page at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative/Action, and we'd
really appreciate your views there.

All the best,

Richard Symonds

Office & Development Manager

Wikimedia UK

--

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited, a Company Limited by
Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Our

Wikimedia UK is the local chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent non-profit
organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its
contents.

Visit  <http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/> http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and
@wikimediauk