Hi all,

I'm currently putting together a proposal for purchasing tech equipment to
support future events/activities at:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/2012_Event_Tech
Input on this would be very welcome - please edit the page directly, or leave
comments on the talk page.

In particular, I'm going to recommend that we purchase a couple of laptops this
month, for volunteers to use at events/activities/when visiting the office (the
OTRS workshop last weekend highlighted the need for getting these asap). Laptop
recommendations would be much appreciated. The default option at the moment is
a standard cheap Asus 15"/1.5GHz/4GB/500GB machine, with the pre-installed
Windows wiped and Linux installed - but there must be better low-cost laptop
options out there than that...

Thanks,
Mike