Even the open source one would likely end up using closed source stuff;
especially on a laptop. So it's a case of how far to go.

Of course, Richard Stallman uses 100% open source hardware and software -
we could emulate him, but the way he views websites is to email a request
off, which returns the page to him in text form.

So that might be a bit user unfriendly :)

Tom