On 14 June 2012 08:31, Gordon Joly <gordon.j...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 14/06/12 08:28, Charles Matthews wrote:
>>
>> I question the assumption that money is likely to be the limiting
>> factor in building the online community: I think "some things money
>> can't buy" is a really good general explanation of Wikimedia's
>> success.
>
> Indeed. But not in the complex task of distance learning with accreditation.
>
> Spend the money on people in rooms! More bangs for the buck!

I do value your input; and this thread seems me at the very least one
of the most constructive we have ever had on this list. I'd like to
say that I'm not currently thinking of the VLE project as a vehicle
for accreditation. The WMUK plan to accredit trainers is an input to
the VLE idea; I think perhaps regarding accreditation as a significant
output of the project ought to wait just a little while. Presumably
the trouble with accreditation systems is that they are only as good
as their weakest link.

Charles