Thanks for your reply Seddon. I'm really keen for this to be driven by
volunteers to the fullest extent possible.

Just a quick reminder to all that there's a wiki page set up for useful
suggestions, ideas and to put yourself forward to get involved! It's at
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/What_would_a_WMUK_Signpost-style_newsletter_look_like%3F

Thank you,

Stevie

On 19 November 2012 00:39, joseph seddon <life_is_bitter_sw...@hotmail.co.uk
> wrote:

>  I this thats a very good idea :)
>
> Its simple enough that even I could set up something to do that and if
> there is a desire to I would be happy to do the delivery.
>
> Seddon

> > Subject: Re: [Wikimediauk-l] Wikimedia UK October report -
> > contributions wanted
>

> > On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Charles Matthews <
> > charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I was going to wait for other views. But the underlying, fundamental
> > > need is to have a vehicle for growing the involved UK community.
> > > Inviting brainstorming from this list misses that point, in my view.
> > > Those who are prepared to wade through the threads on this list are
> > > probably already quite involved. :Likewise those who are active on the
> > > GLAM front. The crying need is to get beyond preaching to the
> > > converted
> > >

> > Would it be feasible to deliver a WMUK newsletter the way the Signpost is
> > delivered, i.e. to subscribers' talk pages in Wikipedia (and perhaps
> other
> > projects)?
> >
> > The WMUK website and mailing list are a bit of a walled garden.
> Visibility
> > of a WMUK newsletter on talk pages in Wikipedia and other projects might
> > get new people involved.
> >
> > Andreas

Stevie Benton
Communications Organiser
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*