On 2 December 2013 18:59, Michael Peel <michael.p...@manchester.ac.uk>wrote:

>  I think it’s useful to see the range of viewpoints here, and if there are
> people subscribed that have different viewpoints than those raised here
> then they shouldn’t feel forbidden from airing them here if they want to.

Remarkably naive view of DNFTT, that. And you were asked politely not to.

OK then, I have a viewpoint that the suggestion that people in an
international competition should be asked to nominate what gift voucher for
£10 they would like, rather than be told (your "choice is good") is plain
silly. One winner may want a voucher for a department store in Belize City,
the other one want something denominated in Australian dollars. Exactly how
much correspondence and faffing around do you want to dump on the office?

Charles