I have one very small example. At a wiki meetup last month I met a the chair of
a small local charity.  They have an archive of interesting local material that
the chair would like to consider scanning and releasing as PD or under a free
licence. I was asked "do you have a short, simple, non-technical document I can
give to my fellow trustees to explain why we ought to be doing this?"  Although
there is a lot of material out there that explains open knowledge and open
licences in great detail it turns out that we don't actually have anything
short and simple we can hand out or point members of the public to. And as a
national charity that aspires to lead in this area we really ought to have
something that concisely answers the question "why should I release my content?"

Michael