W dniu 2017-04-11 16:59:42 użytkownik Nicolas VIGNERON
<vigneron.nico...@gmail.com> napisał:

>W dniu 2017-04-11 14:06:02 użytkownik Nicolas VIGNERON
><vigneron.nico...@gmail.com> napisał:
> > PS: Latin or Sanskrit are not the thoughest challenges, try Breton or
> > Venetian
> > :P (by the way, the UDHR exist in these 4 languages and 500 more ;) only the
> > Bible has more translations).
>
> I have intentionally chosen dead languages to point out that "all" should not
> be the goal.

>Latin and Sanskrit are not entirely dead and are much more active than most
>languages
>of the planet (more than Breton or Venitian).
>I"m not sure, we have the same understanding of « goal », for me it's a
>direction,
>something we should tend toward too, not an obligation that have to be met.

I doubt Conan Doyle's or Verne's works in Latin will ever appear.

>Concerning, UDHR, we have unclear copyright status even for Polish translation:
> it is not considered to be an official legal act, no "official" translation;
> translated by a Foundation which say nothing about copyright. And even,
> translations of foreign legal acts are considered copyrighted in Poland
> (according to opinions we have).
>
>Uh... strange... I thought UN documents were in public domain (not all of them
>but clearly official documents like the UDHR, and that's why we have >
>https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:PD-UN-doc ).
>And http://www.ohchr.org/EN/AboutUs/Pages/Copyright.aspx seems quite explicit
>to me.

Oficial UN documents are likely PD. But Polish is not an oficial UN language,
so there is no Polish version of UDHR as an *oficial* UN document.
The Polish translation of UDHR that is being published on UN web pages was
previously published in Poland, and then adopted by UN. I found no reason
that it could be not copyrighted in Polish copyright law. And it is, of course,
newer than 70 years.

Even, if it is PD in US, it is not PD in Poland (likely it is a fair use
translation,
but the original translator/publisher is either unreachable or does not want to
declare
its license. Just unclear status. "You can use it freely if not modified" is
all we
have received.

I doubt thare is any point to create another Polish translation of this
document.

>Translation copyright problems may exist for many translations of Conan Doyle,
> Dickens, Stevenson or Verne.
> I also doubt we will get a Wikisource translation of "The Posthumous Papers
> of the
> Pickwick Club" into eg. Lithuanian (while ltwikisource seems to be like
> a single-user project - at least recently).
>
>Sure, but this is clearly not the work I had in mind ;)

I am afraid, this applies to any work of any author yet unpublished in
Lithuanian.

>We can talk about 1000-100 "base" works in, maybe, 5-10 most active
>Wikisources.
>
>Exactly! Let's go! Where can we store this? (beside Wikidata of course)

Maybe somewhere in http://wikisource.org (sourceswiki)?

IMO, it is the best place for something applicable to multiple wikisource sites.

>Cdlt, ~nicolas

Ankry