Lars Aronsson hett schreven:
> Of course, we'd need similar templates for Cyrillic and Arabic
> scripts. But they could be named {{Президент}} and contain
> {{#switch:{{{1}}}|США=Обама|Россия=Медведев}}, etc.

That's yet another feature I'd love to see for Mediawiki: automatic
transcription. Something like {{#transcribe: Barack Obama | en | ru }}
(and one additional parameter if there are different common
transcriptions for a language pair). Coding the function is trivial, it
just needs some work to create the transscription tables.

Would be useful for the datawiki, but Wiktionary would benefit too, I guess.

Marcus Buck