hmm ... my feeling is that it would be easier to adapt semantic wiki to
include language aliasing than adapt omega wiki to be less dictionary
centric in the context of a shared structured data site with _lossy_
defined community ontologies... But fundamentally there is no reason why
an external data extension could not pull from both such external
structured data systems.

to elaborate a bit...
As far as I can tell OmegaWiki would have to go a long way to be used in
the same way that semantic wiki is used today. And an even further way
to integrate with how wikimedia uses templates and infoboxes today.
Omega seems to tie relations to items in a specif defined concepts name
space, rather than arbitrary wiki pages. This makes a lot of sense if
designing a multi-lingual language representation system but not so
ideal for a general purpose shared structured data template propagation
system tied to specif article entries.

OmegaWiki is seems to be focused on multilengual language representation
rather than multiple data type representation, re-usage, and template
integration. Semantic wiki appears to be more of a flexible platform in
this area as it has spawned dozens of extensions and hundreds of usages
in a wide range of contexts.

Semantic wiki has already done a few revisions to optimize the storage
and retrieval of multiple data-types, its more closely tied to the svn
version of mediaWiki, they do regular releases etc.

That being said let me reiterate an external data extension could
support multiple remote data systems.

--michael