On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM, ChrisiPK <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> there is a discussion going on on Commons about a rollback policy. This
> involves deciding how users should be given this permission. We have
> been discussing autopromotion, but Andrew told us on IRC that he thinks
> it's not possible to revoke autopromoted rights. Revoking rollback
> permission is very important to take care of
> edit-warring/mass-rollbacking troublemakers, so we don't want to
> surrender this possibility. Can anyone comment on this, is it
> effectively impossible to revoke automatically given rights?

It would be possible, although kind of hackish.  The procedure would
be to create a "norollback" group that can be manually granted and
revoked, then make the autopromote criteria for rollback require that
the user not be in the "norollback" group.  Possibly a nicer way of
doing this would be good, but it should be good enough for now.