2009/3/2 Andrew Garrett <and...@werdn.us>:

> It isn't clear that the configuration change will be made. Jimmy has
> very little authority (if any) over technical matters, other than that
> of a board member, and 59% has never been enough to justify a
> configuration change. If you ask me, the change could be justified
> neither by Jimmy's approval, nor by community consensus, without
> excluding a Foundation-level decision to the contrary.

The problem is that this stuff basically isn't set out anywhere. The
procedure is not in the least transparent.

If it is, please point me at it.

Note that what I did was ask about a well-known and widely publicised
initiative (that I get PR questions about). The response? Random
belligerent challenges. Is this really to be the order of the day?

> If you want to know with any confidence if it will be enabled, you
> will need to wait for Brion or Erik to reply.

Thank you.

- d.