Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for giving us into our attention. It's a comprehensible
>> misunderstanding, specially since 'Current' is the selected option.
>>
>> I propose changing 'Current version (trunk)' to 'Unstable latest version
>> (trunk)'. The unstable bit should catch the attention for people which
>> has just downloaded 'the last mediawiki version' to notice the difference.
>>
>> Changing the combobox to a listbox would help, too.
>
> Simulpost: I just changed it to "development version" and suggested it
> be made non-default.  :)  "Development" and "unstable" are both okay,
> I think.  It should still be made non-default.

We have also had bug reports from people who chose the old version but
really wanted the current version. Extension documentation pages are
typically vague about how their functionality changes with time. Also
note that the branch version isn't any more stable than the trunk one.
For most extensions, it's just a random snapshot of the trunk.

-- Tim Starling