2009/4/7 Lars Aronsson <l...@aronsson.se>:

> Håkon, did you only look at the English Wikipedia?  Different
> languages have different coordinate templates.  When I ask around,
> the Germans are convinced that their new template is the best, but
> they can't give a short summary of why this is so.

Yes. It's useful and important in these markup refactorings to take
note of which bits are

* the MediaWiki software and extensions
* [[MediaWiki:]] space messages
* template markup

The first is the software, the third is the local wiki, the second is
a mix of both (defaults in the software and local overrides).

All are worth refactoring, but you have to convince different people
it's a good idea :-)

- d.