The usual method of gaining commit access in public repositories is to
make your own pull, do your own disconnected work, and submit a patch
file when you feel it's at a milestone. Done with appropriate quality
and frequency, access is given. Most large projects give by warrant of
their own initiative, and not to satisfy requests. I'm guessing
without any response so far, that is what is expected of you here.

Sent from my phone,
Jeff