What I believe he's saying is that if a script is only used for a
single interwiki link in a page, we shouldn't call a font for it.

If you try to view articles in that language, on the other hand, it
will of course be reasonable to call a font.

Some computers would be downloading fonts for every page that had
Georgian, Armenian, or Indic interwikis, I would imagine that would
use a lot of resources far beyond what is necessary.

Japanese and Korean are likely to be supported on almost every
computer used by people who speak those languages so there's very
little dilemma there; for Indic languages (like Telugu for example) or
Divehi this is often not the case.

Mark